Call Us Today 760.545.5563
Itunes Subscribe to Richard Duquette’s Podcast
Injured in a Bicycle Crash? Call Richard L. Duquette - a Lawyer Known For Success

Insurance Coverage for Bicyclists

Is my bicycle accident covered by my insurance?

In the state of California, individuals must have auto insurance in order to purchase a car. It is also illegal to operate a motor vehicle in California without auto insurance. The purpose of these laws is to help ensure that everyone who is involved in an auto accident has some kind of coverage. Unfortunately, such laws do not apply to bicyclists.

If you are an avid cyclist in the Oceanside area, you can greatly benefit from cycling insurance in case you are involved in a serious accident. Few insurance companies actually offer cycling insurance in and of itself, but many bicycle injuries can be covered under your uninsured motorist (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage.

Protection for Cyclists through UM / UIM Coverage

In the state of California, UM and UIM coverage is required to include damages caused in pedestrian, jogging, and cycling accidents. Make sure that you have such coverage in your auto insurance policy or else contact your insurance company to add it.

The extra premium each month could save you from extreme financial hardship in the future in case you are seriously injured in a collision. If you already have UM or UIM coverage through your insurance policy and you've been in a cycling accident, make sure that you receive the coverage you deserve. The Law Firm of Richard L. Duquette can ensure that you are not the victim of bad faith.

Retain an Oceanside Bicycle Accident Lawyer

Few firms can offer the same level of insight that the Law Firm of Richard L. Duquette can provide. As a regular sponsor and participant in cycling events throughout Oceanside, I know your rights as a cyclist and can build a strong case to ensure that you receive fair coverage from your insurance. My firm deeply investigates your accident and your insurance to ensure that you receive a fair payout. I am also skilled in trial law and can help you file a personal injury claim to recover fair compensation from the person responsible for your accident.

Contact my firm right away for more information!