Call Us Today 760.545.5563
Itunes Subscribe to Richard Duquette’s Podcast
38 years of Proven Advocacy Get an Award-Winning Defender on Your Side Today

Work-Restricted California Drivers License

As of January 1, 1995, if you are a first offender over the age of 21 charged with driving with an alcohol level of .08 or greater, you may be eligible to apply for a work-restricted driver’s license.

Before a restricted driver’s license will be issued, you must enroll in an approved Alcohol Treatment Program and show proof by receipt to the DMV, submit proof of insurance (SR-22), andpay a $125 re-issue fee to the DMV.

You may enroll in an alcohol program while your criminal case is still pending. Our office has a list of the DMV’s First Offender Programs, and we will advise you on how to obtain a work-restricted driver’s license should you hire our firm to handle your DUI case.

The restricted driver’s license will only allow you to drive to and from the alcohol program, to and from your job and within the scope of your job. The restriction is required to remain in effect forsix months from the effective date of your suspension (30-day suspension followed by a five month restriction). Should your suspension be set-aside, the restriction may be lifted.

Interlock Device (2nd DUI’s)

Call 1-800-DUI-6580 or 1-800-531-0006 to check in to see when you are eligible for an interlock device and restricted driver’s license. In some cases it is only 90 days after enrollment in the 2nd offender SB-38 program. I believe the owner’s name is Chick Richardson and the cost around $2.00 -$4.00 a day. (You can check out their website